Give your Halloween pumpkins some bling
Traditional Jack-o'-lanterns are so 2010. This year why not add more bling to your pumpkin?
We love decorating pumpkins for Halloween but this year we decided to bring a bit of glamour to the festivities. Step aside traditional Jack-o'-lantern faces and make way for pumpkins with bling!
Child-friendly pumpkin decorating
Pumpkins with bling
- To add some glamour to your pumpkin you can use henna to make a beautiful design, and acrylic paints work very well too.
- Stick-on gem stones add instant mess-free bling. They’re available from lots of craft shops and are very easy for kids to apply
- My daughters believe everything looks better with sparkle so we used glitter and sequins. You can sprinkle them on to acrylic paint before it dries or apply a layer of clear drying craft glue and add the glitter on top.
- Hardware stores often have great craft supplies too. We found some cup hooks which make great monster noses and hair, or you could create a design with nails.
- Drawing pins are very easy to push into the pumpkin skin and you can use them to draw a design, make faces or spell out words.
Maximise your pumpkin fun
Post a comment
You must be signed in to post to Ready for Ten.
Haven’t registered? It’s really quick and simple.